Saturday, January 21, 2017

Inauguration Weekend

Friday January 20 was Inauguration Day.  Actually I started watching the events on Thursday evening, starting with the Concert at the Lincoln Memorial. The entertainment was excellent.  My favorite was Lee Greenwood singing "God Bless the USA"






On Friday I finished most of my housework/laundry early and made my trip into town for groceries, and then spent the rest of the day watching the inauguration (both Rich and I enjoying a toast to our New President, Donald Trump), his excellent inaugural address, the entertainment, the parade and the Inaugural Balls.  The gowns that the Trump women wore were beautiful.

This morning I put a pork roast in the Crock-pot, and then we both headed into town.  First stop was at Florida Hospital where Rich had 8 x-rays done on his back, and we both had lab work done.  We stopped at the Interlake Cafe in town before heading back home.  

I finished the laundry from yesterday, while Rich fixed the last (hopefully) leak on the roof of the back lanai.



No comments:

Post a Comment