Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pickleball - No Camera and Calzones

On Wednesday we skipped breakfast, sat around the pool for a while and then headed to Walmart!  Remember the batch of White Russians that I made yesterday?  Well, from what Rich tells me - it wasn't just the Sudoku puzzles that were killers.  While I really don't remember this, he insists that while we were walking the beach Tuesday evening,  that I dropped my camera in the sand THREE times.  I only remember ONCE!!! 

By some miracle, I was able to download the pictures of the beach, but on Wednesday morning there was no getting that camera to work no matter what we did. 

So - off to Walmart for my early birthday present.  We stopped for a late lunch/early dinner back at the Sunrise Cafe, since we were headed back to Melbourne Beach for some pickleball.  We arrived just after 5:30 and our friends Dave and Debbie Christian were already there.  Unfortunately, I had to charge the battery before I could use the camera............so no pickleball pictures that night!!!  But the camera will be with me when we meet them for dinner Friday night at the Lobster Shanty.

It was just after 8:00 pm when we headed back to Cocoa Beach - too late to eat, so we just stopped for some ice cream on the ride back.  The most important thing was that we made it back in time to see the second half of American Idol --------YEAH SCOTTY!!!!

Today was another relaxing one at the pool,  with a light lunch and much smaller batch of White Russians!
For dinner tonight it was off to  Anacapri Pizzeria.  Just a short walk from the Resort, this was one of the places that we ate last year, and wanted to make a point of returning again.  Last year Rich had ordered the Large Calzone - which took up two plates...............
Tonight he ordered the small..................  So you can just imagine how bit the Large is!!

And I had the small Stromboli.   As it turned out we shared. We actually shared .  The only difference between a Calzone and a Strombli is that the Calzone has Ricotta Cheese.   So we each had 1/2 Calzone and 1/2 Strombole.  I thought the Calzone was better!!!  Rich preferred the Stromboli!!!  Guess we'll know next time...........

Still some daylight left.........so heading back out to the pool

2 comments:

  1. Is there anywhere in Cocoa Beach to play Pickle Ball ???
    I am new to the game but would love to get started.
    Thank you
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None right in Cocoa Beach, but there are places in Melbourne, West Melbourne, Palm Bay and Viera that I am aware of. Go to www.usapa.org and click on Places to Play link or contact Space Coast Pickleball Ambassador Scott Nelson at321-773-9903

      Delete