Thursday, June 13, 2019

Visit with Brother, Finally at Black Lake

Probably will not be posting here again, for a while.  We do not have unlimited data, but today is the last day of the month...and I have enough left to bring our travels up to date.

Day four of our trip north took us from Dunmore, PA to Kirkwood, NY to visit with my baby brother, Dave Benjamin.......and then the final leg.... arriving at our cabin on Black Lake in Hammond, NY.

Picture below....crossing the PA/NY border... Me and my brother Dave at his home in Kirkwood, NY,  His Chocolate Lab, Jake, a view of his beautiful  back yard, David again with Rich, our cabin on Black Lake, in Hammond NY, and our view from the cabin.


I'm not one to complain much about cooler weather......but it's been COLD, RAINY and very WINDY.  As a result we've only been out fishing three times in 6 days!  Today it's very very windy and in the low 60's.... with rain.  Picture below..  The fishing has not been much better and the lake water is really pretty high.  We've caught a total of 17 fish.  Rich has had the better luck..His first fish was a 20' Northern Pike, (picture/bottom left),  and our last day out he caught another Northern. This one was 26".( Top middle picture)  My first fish was my biggest fish so far........ and that was an 8 1/2" crappy!  (top right).  You can see the water has been pretty rough....Top left picture is a view of our cabin from the lake....and I was able to catch the rainbow a couple days ago...as we were heading in for the day.


This weekend Bass Season opens, so I'm sure we'll have a full house here at the Log Cabins.  Our Pennsylvania friends will be coming in Saturday, so I'm sure we'll get together a couple of times while they are at Roger's Camps.  

Yesterday was my birthday.........Rich planned on taking me out for dinner, but I just wanted to stay in.  There's a little store down the road called Echo's on the Lake where you can get take out........and they have a great fish fry.  Rich had the fried chicken dinner w/fries, and I got my Fish Fry!  Excellent!

6 1/2 weeks left........then on to Columbia Crossroads before we head back home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment