Friday, June 12, 2009

My Birthday

Today we celebrated my birthday. Wasn't going to tell you how old .........you know, you never ask a lady her age.................but you're gunna see it on my cake in just a second anyway!!!

My presents were waiting for me on the kitchen counter when I woke up. My very favorite was the home made card from Rich, made with love and complete with the big red heart!



I had already asked him not to make plans for a birthday dinner today, because it's pickleball night with the MeadowPointe group.......so instead he took me out for breakfast. We went to our favorite for breakfast, (well, my favorite place - Rich still likes Waffle House - ugh!!) It's called First Watch - and I feasted on an excellent omelet while Rich had his blueberry pancakes.

We did spend a little time getting some stuff done around the house, but nothing too exhausting. Then about 6:00 we headed for the pickelball courts. We knew there wouldn't be too big a crowd tonight, but my leg had been bothering me this week, and I wanted to play at least once.


Only five of us there tonight. Here's Rich and Don playing against Mary and Chris. We played a lot of games tonight and all of them were real close games!! Lot's of exercise tonight. I really did play!

But while the game above was taking place I grabbed a picture of this interesting looking bug? beetle? that found it's way on the court. Not sure what it is......but everyone came to take a look before the night was over.

Afterwards, we headed back to the house. It was about 9:15 or so. Grabbed a quick bite to eat and then Don and Linda and the boys came over for cake and ice cream.

These two guys were best friends with Beau. That's Cheyanne in the front and Dakota in the back. They just had their treat, so they were good to go lay down and rest for the night.
Rich got out the cake........and told the story of the guy at Publix when he ordered the cake yesterday. Two or three times the guy asked him if he was SURE he wanted the age on the cake, and yes.........Rich insisted. He tells everyone it's the last time I'll see the 50's...!! Anyway, it was beautiful. I made my wish and made the first cut and then Rich took over.

He even served up the ice cream!!!! An yes........he cut himself the biggest piece.

Yes!!! That's the Card that Rich made for me all by himself. I think he's a superb artist! And that's my favorite present. Chivas Regal!! I only get this on special occassions..........and I work hard to make it last and last and last. Now Rich and Linda don't drink Scotch.....But Don does!!

These are our best friends Linda and Don Bass with me and bottle of Chivas. I poured for Don and I and we toasted to my Birthday. Thank you Rich and Don and Linda for making my day so special. And the boys too...............

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND, HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MANY MORE,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Donna. Man, you shouldn't have any trouble making that bottle of Chivas last....it's huge! Chris says hi. We are going to try and play pickleball in Alaska while we are there. Might be the northern most place the game has ever been played.

    ReplyDelete