Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jury Duty - Not This Time


I (Donna) was on the road to Dade City early Monday morning, doing my duty as a Florida, Pasco County Resident. I called on Sunday evening after 5:30 to see if I was required to appear. The recording said that Juror numbers 1 through and including 216 should appear at the Pascoe County Courthouse in Dade City at 8:00 am Monday morning. Jurors with numbers higher than 216 were excused. I was juror number 10. Not quite sure how this happens - but not more than maybe 60 people were in the jury room that morning. But anyway.... We all watched the vidoe on jury service and filled out our questionnaires. About 40 of us were called to the court room to be questioned by the judge, prosacutors and defense attorneys. I spoke truthfully about my ability to be objective when a crime is committed under the influence of alchohal or drugs, and I was excused. I called Rich at about 11:30 to tell him I was on my way home - and caught him at Dunkin Donuts with the morning crew.
Not much else going on - just pickleball in the morning, or afternoon, or evening.....
This morning after Rich played at Pimlico, he ran into Jeanne as she was leaving Churchill. It's generally most of the guys who go to Dunkin Donuts in the morning, but today Jeanne said she'd be there, so I went along. Big group today! Enjoyed coffee, conversations and laughter, as always.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are still blogging, so we can see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete