Sunday, March 4, 2018

Birthdays, Anniversary, and Family Gatherings


On Friday, February 23rd, Rich and I celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary. We've been together now, for 48 years.  This was my message and card to Rich.



Rich replied with a special comment to me out on Facebook today: "I'm the one that feels blessed being with Donna for 48 years and married for 44!  Love you more every year and looking forward to our 50th, with my very best friend"

And I love that he always gives me a homemade hand cut card!!

For dinner we went to Red Lobster.  It's Lobsterfest, so we both opted for Lobster, one way or the other.   Rich - Dueling Lobster Tails - One steamed in parchment with lemon and spices, and the other grilled and topped with shrimp and bay scallops..........with a side of mashed potatoes.


I had the Seaport Lobster and Shrimp -Wood Frilled Maine Lobster, Shrimp

Scampi and garlic grilled shrimp skewer, with a side of broccoli and rice.

Add our salads and cheddar biscuits -  and it was a delicious meal.


On Saturday we headed out to my Nephew, John Benjamin's house in Zephyrhills for a small family gathering. My cousin Carol (Benjamin) Pelrah and husband Jack are here in Fl for about a month, so the Benjamin families here in Fl decided to get together.

On Friday I made no-bake cookies, oatmeal cookies, and peanut butter fudge to take with us.  And on Sunday morning I put together some ham and cream cheese roll-ups, and a pineapple cabbage salad.  We packed it all in the cooler along with some beer and wine - and we were on our way.  We had a wonderful time.  Carol Pelrah is my cousin, John, Linda and Bonnie are brothers/sisters and my nieces, and nephew. (Brother Mick's children)

Pictured below: Top: Jack and Carol Pelray, Linda Rathbun and husband Tom,  Linda and her brother John Benjamin 3rd.  Bottom: John, Bonnie, Jack and Carol in the back, Me and Linda,   Rich and John,  and John, Bonnie, Me, Jack and Linda.


Looking forward to seeing all of them again in NY in August at our Benjamin Family Reunion!

And Sunday was Dennis's birthday. He turned 49!  Happy Birthday Dennis Donald.  We love you so much!!


Next week is a visit with northern friends, Cliff and Carlene who will be staying in Wauchula.............and then a few days later dinner at Nathan and Krystal's, with Buddy and Dianne.  Talked with friends Bob and Lavern (the clowns) and Bob is recuperating and feeling better.  We look forward to seeing them before they head back north.




No comments:

Post a Comment