Monday, August 26, 2019

Down at the boathouse...... and then dinner with friends

Well I've been taking it easy most every day since the pulled calf muscle.  It's been six days now, and I'm still icing it, and I still have to be careful..... turning it the wrong way really really hurts!  I did get out today though, ( wearing sneakers for a little more support) and made a stop at Walgreens and the to Publix for groceries.

Funny.... as I was walking through Publix I passed this elderly gentlemen in almost every isle.  We chatted a little bit and laughed that we kept running into each other......the last time in the dairy isle where he informed me that he didn't need any cheese.  As I was taking my groceries from the cart at check out,    I looked up and..... yes the gentleman was in front of me, and proceeded to tell  the cashier that " this young lady has been stalking me today......"  Of course everyone laughed.... and the gentleman left.  The bagger helped me to the car today, and yes...... who was parked right next to me?  We all got quite a laugh once again when he said " I can't believe this, don't tell me you live in Grassy Lakes too  !"   And that should end our close encounters... as I do not!!!

On Thursday, Rich headed out to the boathouse to do some repair and replace some shingles on the boathouse roof.  I always get pretty nervous with him, and heights, and a bad back.......... and with my leg still wrapped there was no way I would make it down the hill and back.  So I watched from the back deck!  I was a nervous wreck.......and so glad when the whole ordeal was over!!!


Whew ! He's 70 years old.....and in this intense heat!

And on Saturday the crew was back to our favorite meeting place for dinner.  Nathan, Krystal, Buddy and Dianne.... at the Hibachi Grill.  As always the food was excellent, the company terrific, and the laughter almost non-stop!


Tomorrow - probably a little baking, and rest the leg.  Wednesday is appointment with the Ophthalmologist, for visual field,  pre-work and scheduling my cataract surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment