Wednesday, February 10, 2010


This is Suzanne and Brenda. This week is Barb's week out of the park, so while she's gone there is no one to teach the line dancing. On Monday, which was her last day, she handed me a couple of disks and two packet of dances, after I said I would help out while she was gone. Now, I love line dancing - but I haven't been doing it long enough to remember all the dances as well as l'd like. On Tuesday morning, both of these ladies showed up to help. Brenda taught some of the dances or showed me the dance first so I could walk it out and call the dance. And Suzanne - I can't thank her enough for making copies of both of the discs and all the dances.............so we can use them when we go back to Peace River.

Well - Monday afternoon brought us more bad news. Generally when we post to our Blog we share with everyone all the great times we have and the wonderful people that we meet. Friends, Family and Fun. I want to thank my brother Jim for sending me photos taken just recently when he visited with my brother Don and Sister Ronda. My family is in upstate New York

This message came with the pictures."Our brother and sister do not look well; they have lost weight and look much older than the last time I saw them,although Don did look somewhat better than when we visited him in the hospital. Neither of them has been confined to bed, but have trouble navigating, particularly Ronda. Ronda seemed free of pain at that time but Don complained of some chest pain and was using some kind of hot-water bottle to help with that. He is also using morphine, I think, for the pain. We had a pleasant-under the circumstances-visit......... I am feeling well again after being released from the hospital undergoing tests and treatment for my atrial fibrillation.My condition had become worse and I had a very rapid heartbeat and became very weak and nearly passed out a number of times. I was given a new medication and it seems to have corrected the problem"
Brother Jim is the oldest of my brother and sisters, and my feeling is he was trying to make light of his own condition. A phone call Tuesday afternoon my niece was to say that Ronda has also been diagnosed with cancer and her health is declining quickly.
Thank you to all our friends who continue to keep them in their prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment