Friday, June 10, 2011

Today was Girls Day Out.........

This morning everyone showed up at Churchill Street for pickleball.  Rich went to play with the big boys over at Saddlebrook.  Our friends from Louisiana have really fit it well at Churchill - the crowd is very friendly there and they have welcomed, Prissy, Marty and Sharon without question.  Of course all of them are pretty good players.

By 9:30 I had played better than two hours so headed for home.  I had made plans to meet Sharon and Prissy for lunch today.  They suggested the Mallyor Country Club  - so I picked them up about 11:30.  
They have a really nice menu with a great selection of lunch items at a fairly reasonable price. ( Of course - I have to remember that I am not in Wauchula!!)
 This is Sharon and Prissy in the picture above in front of the  Mallory Square Country Club.  Before we left - Sharon asked "What are we going to do now?"  She had already checked out the Recreation News paper and suggested that we head out for an afternoon of Bunko!!  Prissy and I had never played before but decided to give it a try.  There was a big group of players at the Bacall Recreation Center ( about 16 tables of four people).  We had a GREAT TIME!!!!   Prissy and Sharon more than me since they both won $10.   But Prissy and I were hooked, and will probably go back again! 

Tomorrow we'll meet again at Churchill and then head to the SunRise Cafe for our Saturday morning breakfast.  I asked them to join us on Sunday for a Breakfast Buffet at the Orange Blossom Country Club - so that should be a good time.   We are really going to miss these three when they head back to LA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment