Sunday, December 16, 2018

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


 This last week I finished most of my Christmas shopping.

Everything that I ordered on line arrived.  And those being sent out of state were wrapped.  And all the names on the Christmas List were checked off as Cards with Holiday Greetings were completed.

A trip to the post office on Friday for stamps and all the cards and packages were on their way to final destinations.

Last stop at the grocery store to make sure I had everything to start my holiday baking!



And so this weekend I got most of my baking completed.  I still need to do the no-bake cookies and the peanut butter cookies, and then Rich will make his Pumpkin pies a few days before Christmas.

But I made a couple dozen Chocolate Chip cookies, and a couple of dozen White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies, along with a batch of Chocolate Walnut and Peanut Butter Fudge.


I tried a new recipe on Friday and it was delicious. Crock Pot Pork Roast with carrots and baby red potatoes.  Recipe calls for Lipton onion soup, water, red wind, minced onion, soy sauce, rosemary, thyme and parsley. Cooked for about 5 hours and it was fork tender.


On Wednesday we'll make the trip back to Orlando to see the surgeon, and to have the splints and bandage removed from Rich's arm. He's still doing well - with absolutely no pain at all..... Dinner plans with friends on Saturday, and then we'll visit with neighbors to exchange Christmas gifts over he weekend.  Getting excited about our trip to Tampa for New Year's Ever Party and Outback Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment