Sunday, May 1, 2016

A little under the weather.........but still time for friends

This past week went by pretty quickly.  Rich did quite a bit of work in the yard - trimming branches, sprinkling Preen in the flower beds, adjusting and replacing some sprinkler heads.   Me on the other hand - have not been feeling the best.  The pain in my lower abdomen has continued, getting worse at times, especially at night trying to sleep.  Finally decided to see the doctor and he is pretty certain that I have an abdominal hernia.   It's amazing though -  before I really know for sure for almost 2 weeks.   Ultrasound is scheduled for May 4th, and then an appointment with the surgeon - but not until the 9th!!   In the meantime I am also scheduled with my OB/GYN on the 5th,  my Mammogram on the  9th, and my Optometrist on the 13th! We been considering a few days at our time share the week of the 15th - but we'll see how that goes.  Also got to get stuff ready for our NY trip.  Good news is - I've cut out carbs, like break, pasta, potatoes in the last 2 or 3 weeks, and I've dropped 12 pounds!  I do treat myself to at least one of those carbs on the weekends!



So today is May 1st an our good friend Nathan Showalter's Birthday.

 We send along our very best wishes as he enjoys his day with family.........

Happy Birthday Nathan!



Rich and I headed for Sebring today to spend the day with our other good friends Nick and Tonyia.   They have been so busy with work that it seems like it's been months since we've been able to spend some time together.  I think the last time we saw them was Easter Sunday!!  

But today we really enjoyed the day.  Tonyia and I spent most of the day playing Mexican Train!  Three Games, and while I beat her pretty good one game - she took the other two!!  The guys spent the day outside, enjoying a beer  and just catching up on what they've been up to.  Tonyia  shared some snacks, apples and Carmel sauce and cheese and crackers.  Nick threw some hot dogs on the grill and I had brought along a potato salad.  Their yard really looks great - the airplane being the newest addition to the Key West theme.   Thanks guys for a great afternoon!


Tomorrow I'll need to get out and do some grocery shopping.  Tuesday is the Indiana Primary and the doctor visits begin!

Next Sunday we're meeting up with Buddy and Diane over at Nathan and Krystals' for some target practise, grilled pizza and games!  Buddy and Diane will be heading north on the 7th so this will be our final get together with them until probably September.

No comments:

Post a Comment