Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Afternoon at Highland Lakes

I think this is the first morning that we have not set the alarm for morning pickleball. We actually slept in until AFTER 7:00am! I worked on my newsletter for a while this morning - it's due out in just a couple of days! We even had breakfast together this morning. Rich did the oatmeal; I did the toast.

About 1:15 we headed for Highland Lakes over in Leesburg to meet up with Ken and Lynn Corbett and whoever else showed up for Sunday pickleball. There was actually a pretty good group today. I think at one point we had all three courts going and four or five people waiting to play.
Click on picture to enlarge - Use back arrow to return to this page. During the summer months, while many of the residents have gone north, several of the players from the surrounding communites get together and play. Today, in addition to the Highland Lakes players, there were some from Legacy, which is an adjacent community and from Hawthorn, which is just a short distance up the road. I noticed after I downloaded the pictures that I got a lot of the same people, several of Rich, one of Ken (lower left, white shirt), but almost missed Lynn all together. You can almost see her - (bottom right - middle court, right after Rich and his partner)

There's Lynn!!! Well, once again - you can almost see her. She's hard at work taking down the nets while the last four players are finishing their last game of the day. We did all pitch in and make sure everything was put away before we left.

We'll be back down this way on the 21st, as Rich is doing a skills clinic for the players at Legacy. And we met Carolyn Stein who heads up pickleball at Hawthorn, and she has asked Rich to come and do a clinic for her group as well. Looks like we're going to be busy!!

Posted by Picasa And this is Nancy and Susan from Legacy. Rich and I got to play several games with these two ladies today. Lot's of fun and very good players. I'm sure we'll meet up with them again, here at the "Arena". If not. we'll see them at Legacy on the 21st.
But the best news of the day came after pickleball. I checked my phone and noticed that Dennis had called two or three times while we were playing, but had not left a message. That was unusual - he always leaves a message. So when we got in the car and headed for home, I returned the call. Dennis and Crystal and the grandkids will be visiting this month!! YEAH!! CAN'T WAIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment