Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve


It's Christmas Eve!

 Actually it is almost 11:00 PM........

So it's almost Christmas Day.......

I hope that all of you reading this were able to spend your Christmas Eve, in the company of family, or friends or loved ones.   For us, Christmas is generally pretty quiet, with  all our family living in other states.   But we have each other, and for that we are most grateful..........and the holidays are always the best when spent with the one(s) you love.

The last couple of days have been back to baking.  Friday evening, Rich was baking his pumpkin pies!  Yes - it is only Saturday and he's already into the second one!   Today I was back to baking!  I had made a couple dozen no-bake cookies a few days ago - but they are gone!  So today, I  made a couple dozen more, along with a batch of peanut butter fudge.  And I took a bag of oatmeal raisin and peanut butter/chocolate chip out of the freezer, along with a bag of snicker-doodles.   Tomorrow, I'll do up a dish of cookies, and that along with the pumpkin pie will be our dessert for Christmas Dinner.


Got a huge package yesterday from Dennis and the family....The box was from Omaha Steaks and included Sirloin Steaks, Sirloin Chops, Chicken Breasts, Kielbasa, Italian Meatballs, Au Gratin Potatoes and Caramel Apple Tarts!  And today the T-shirts that I ordered on-line for Rich arrived!  Surprised - because I ordered them late - and delivery was scheduled for 12/26 - to 12/30.

And so.........all the gifts are under the tree...... Tomorrow I'll be up early getting the stuffing made and the turkey in the oven.  Our new neighbors, Jim and Patty will be joining us for dinner.  So I best get myself to bed......before Santa arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment