Thursday, May 10, 2018

Will the doctor visits ever end???

OK - So I went to the Podiatrist and had a simple procedure done.  Just an ingrown toenail.  That was on Wednesday  April 25th.   Followed the post surgery directions as indicated: Remove the bandage the next morning.  Soak the foot in Epsom Salt twice a day ( once if you shower), and apply a small amount of medication to the affected area, twice a day.  Best to keep the foot elevated as much as possible for the next couple of days.

This picture was 3 or 4 days into the process...and it really got much worse.  Yes, somehow it was infected and I then went on a dose of 1600 mg  2x a day!  That was on Tuesday May 1st.  Yesterday, May 7th, it was finally starting to look normal again............And tomorrow is my follow-up with the Dr.   Sure hope there are no more problems.... I really want to be able to walk the beach in Cocoa Beach!!

And - was relieved when my Primary doctor told me that, while my last doctor indicated in his files that I had an abdominal aortic aneurysm,  my CT scan showed that I did not.  BUT my EKG did show that I have had a heart attack! 

Anyway..........How about a picture of something beautiful after that??  When we awoke a few mornings ago, we were greeted by this beautiful Great Blue Heron, who was perched on the corner of the back deck!  He stayed for the longest time... but flew off when Rich opened the slider to the lanai.


And then he was back again the next day, joined by the beautiful Egret!



Wednesday was our monthly get together with friends.  Buddy suggested that we do Golden Corral, ( we only do this when Nate and Krystal can't join us - as it's better than an hour drive for them to come this far).   Once again the clowns, Bob and Lavern joined us for dinner.  We were actually there for quite a while!!  It was a fun evening!  June should be a fun night at the Mexican Restaurant, and if Bob and Lavern are still in town they will join us.

After the big meal at Golden Corral - it was a simple dinner tonight.   Rich made up one of his pizza's and I settled for a Banana Smoothie!




No comments:

Post a Comment