Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Harrisburg, VA to Fort Mill, South Carolina

Tuesday morning and we were on the road to the Comfort Suites in Fort Mill, SC.   It was just a little past 8:00.  Traveling through the state of Virginia is just beautiful and I was able to get some pretty good pictures.   Below are just a few of the rolling hills, the Blue Ridge mountains, and one of the Rivers in Pulaski.  Notice the bottom right photo..... Wish I had grabbed my camera sooner -  There were several police cars, and probably 8 or more cars pulled over.  The drivers in all of the cars appeared to be Black. ( not that that makes a big difference). Rich and I both commented, actually wondered, how the officers happened to get all the vehicles stopped in the same area......we thought it appeared to be drug related.  


A little further down the road is one of those places that every time I pass, I say that some day I would like to visit.  That is Lake Norman in NC.  It is such a beautiful lake.  Lots of construction in this area - and so we were once again in bumper to bumper traffic for about 25 minutes.


Nothing else exciting on the way - just a stop for gas in Pulaski ($2.55/gallon) and then to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast.  Rich had the pancakes and sausage, and I had the French Toast.

And then we arrived at the Comfort Suites in Fort Mill, SC.  Looked like the rooms had bee updated and remodeled.........but it was not hard to tell that this was a very old building.


After the long drive - we just did not feel like going out to eat, so we ordered in Chinese.  Rich enjoyed his Chicken Lo Mein, and I enjoyed the Sesame Chicken.


Off to Jacksonville, Fl tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment