Friday, September 9, 2011

Girls Day Out...........

Our friend Sharon Richard arrived back here in The Villages last night, and will be spending the week with Marty and Prissy.  The Villages shuttle dropped her off down near Sumter Landing last night about 9:45.  I think that the three of them must have spent half the night eating and chatting!  The plan was that we would meet this morning for pickleball; Prissy was to call me and let me know where they would be playing.

 Rich and I were both up early and Rich headed out to play not long after 7:00.  I expected to hear from them by 8:00 at the latest.  I mean they've been out on the courts not long after that each morning all ready!  About 8:25 I decided to give them a call.  Marty informed me that the ladies were not yet out of bed!!!!  Oh well.............. I left them to get up and around and headed to Churchill for a few games.  New plan was that they would pick me up about 11:00

And they DID!!!!!  We headed to the Cane Garden Country Club for lunch. (Sharon on the left, Prissy on the right)   Absolutely beautiful place, and right on the golf course.  We sat outside and watched all the golfers either arriving via golf cart, or already out playing.    An absolutely beautiful day for dining out.  The meal was excellent , and very very reasonably priced!  The waiter was such a nice young man.............and was kind enough to take the picture of the three of us.

We left Cane Garden and headed less than 10 minutes away to the Bacall Recreation Center for Bunco.  Back in June when the two of them were also visiting here, this was the place where we first learned to play.  It brought back memories of Cay - the lady who taught us to play, and the lady who was warmly deemed  by Prissy as an Honorary CoonAss!  Don't even ask.........I'm not sure I understand yet, but I do know that it means "You're OK!"   Unfortunately Cay was not there today............but Prissy shared the pot for the 15/15 today. (Yes, you win if at the end of 30 games, you have won 15 and lost 15). Sharon came close and I ended up with 16 wins/14 losses - which means we won absolutely nothing..............But we laughed a lot and had a great time.

Before leaving, Prissy insisted that we all have our picture taken with "Humphrey Bogart" who in his white tux and sunglasses greets everyone who comes to Bacall.
Thanks Sharon and Prissy for a great girls day out.

See you at Churchill in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment