Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stringy Roast Beef

On Sunday we invited Marty, Prissy and Sharon to our place for dinner.  Now, let me tell you, that planning a meal to share with friends is generally not a difficult task.  But Miss Prissy is such a pickly eater that I had to go through a dozen choices before we were able to settle on the menu.  She finally said "yes" to "Do you like Roast Beef."  However it had to be "stringy", which I interpreted to mean very very well done and falling apart.  So I figured that all day in the crock pot should do the trick.   I generally do a chuck roast with lipton onion soup mix and cover it with water and let it cook all day long........

We added mashed potatos and gravy, corn , green bean casserole and biscuits and sat down for a delightful dinner with our friends.   Everything was delicious - if I must say so myself.  But more important, the guests were satisfied.

We finished off the meal with a Key Lime Pie!
And Prissy and I almost finished off that bottle of Marguaritas that we started last week!!! 
We have enjoyed the company of these three sooooooooo much.  It's going to be hard to say good bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment