Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Just want to wish  Rich and Dennis a Happy Father's Day! The best gift would have been for the two of them to be together - but distance just  does not make that possible.  But family ties are strong and Dad and Son talked for a long time on the phone today.

I reminded Rich how proud I was of him with a few of his favorites, chocolate and cookies!!


But I got to reminiscing about all those times I was so proud to be part of this family, and especially remembering what a great job they both do being Dad's..... and for Rich even a Grand Dad ( Pa Pa!)! Here are three generations of Dads.........



The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God;
I call him Dad!
(Author Unknown)


And I  also remember my own Dad, who I lost when I was only 8 years old.  

My brother Dave has this picture of Dad on his face book page with a caption that describes pretty well the short time we had with our Dad.  

Never knew my father well.  He passed away when I was young.  I do remember some things.  

Fishing at the lake.  Potato Pancakes.  Building me a go cart.  The boat he built in our cellar.  Our back yard that looked like a picture out of Better Homes and Gardens. 

And I remember sitting on his lap and telling him how much I loved him. 





1 comment: