Friday, June 22, 2012

A little competition at The Villages

With Nancy and Cindy here at The Villages - it's pickleball, pickleball, pickleball during every waking hour!!! Rich and Nancy pretty much go with the higher skill level players in the mornings, and Rich with the guys a couple of afternoons. Cindy and I are preparing for our tournament play in Louisiana next month and Nancy has been working to help us both improve our game...... MOSTLY ME!

On Monday morning Cindy and I competed in a 3.0 - 3.5 Skill Level tournament.    We both played our best - but we didn't make it to the final rounds.  Our opponent in the first match found my weakness - putting lob after lob over my head or to Cindy's backhand side. They were tough!

On Thursday Cindy played with Tim in the mixed doubles and I caught a couple of pictures of them during their match.  They played awesome!  But alas, they did not make it to the finals.



On Thursday afternoon Nancy brought out the ball machine and  dozens and dozens of balsl.  I went home with every muscle in my body aching after hitting HUNDREDS of balls trying to improve my ground strokes and back hand shots.   I thought I did pretty well - but it sure didn't show on the courts today!!!! PRACTICE...PRACTICE... PRACTICE

More pickleball playing friends, Marsha and Byron are coming to stay with Nancy and Cindy on Sunday..........  so it will be more pickleball, and a few more dinners together with the group before they all take off at the end of the month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment