Monday, January 21, 2019

Cooler weather.... a lot more energy!

Well, for a change, we were quite productive over the weekend. Got some work done in the yard, and enjoyed a little comfort food!

On Friday after morning grocery shopping, I made my very first EVER homemade chocolate pie.  When I asked Rich what sounded good for goodies, he suggested the pie...........and so I found a recipe, picked up the ingredients at the store........... And I have to admit it was EXCELLENT! 

With the cooler weather we've been enjoying a little more comfort food  while  using up the left-over Ham.  It was ham and potato soup on Friday,  Chef Salad on Saturday, Chicken Fajitas ( I know that's not a comfort food!) and then Macaroni and Cheese with..... Ham!!!


On Saturday morning we headed into town to get some non ethanol gas for both the boat and the power washer.  I would not normally tag a long just to get gas... but Rich suggested that we stop at the Inter-lake Blvd Cafe for breakfast. Usually a bit busy on Saturday morning - but it's worth the wait. Bacon/Sausage, home fries, eggs..... mmm good!


And so on Saturday we got some yard work started....  Rich got the power washer going, and finished most of the driveway before we had to call it quits.  In the meantime I worked on trimming the shrubs.  Sunday was a day of rest - rest for the back!    And on Monday we finished the driveway, and started in the back yard.....  We worked together to give the grill a good cleaning, Rich did the power washing - and I cleaned the lanai!


This morning - Monday - it was really quite cold in the morning..... It was pretty funny when the Whistling Ducks came around early..........and gathered only in the sunny areas.......Only a small area of the roof on the boathouse had sun.... and so they crowded around that area...


Still lots more to get done..... and hopefully we'll have some more of this nice weather.  

Thursday - I an scheduled for my CT Angiogram/Coronary.......... which I a NOT looking forward to..... That means a trip to Kissimmee!  BUT..... On the way back we will be picking up our favorite little visitor - Miss Ava.....who will be staying with us for a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment