Thursday, January 31, 2019

Seems like a whole lot of cooking and eating lately!!

And so the cooking started over the weekend..... With the weather being so much colder, we made up a big batch of Chile, and I made Rich another Chocolate pie!

Monday I made homemade meatball subs!  This was the first time we'd tried making our own.......Baked the meatballs, and then simmered them for a couple of hours in the sauce. Tried some large sub rolls from Publix - and they were fresh, soft and delicious.  A sprinkle of oregano, provolone and Parmesan cheese and they were excellent!


And Tuesday - it was a bit warmer so we cooked our Chicken K-Bobs out on the grill, with some boiled baby potatoes.



And speaking of bad weather...family and friends in NY are seeing really cold weather.....snow and wind with wind chills 20 degree and more below zero...

And Dennis and the family, in Iowa.... well even colder -24 degrees and Feels Like -50 degrees below zero........

Lots of people suffering with this record low temperatures!



Today I was able to get a couple of good shots of our Blue Heron in the nest.  And it seems that at least once or more a week, at about the same time of day, this cat makes its way through the back yard and into the neighbors..... Don't know who he belongs to, but seems to be healthy and is wearing a collar.



This afternoon was my follow-up visit with the Cardiologist, following my CT Coronary/Angiogram.  Needless to say, I've been worried, given I've been told I had a heart attack, had an irregular EKG, and an irregular Nuclear Stress Test....praying every day that everything is OK..... but still nervous about the possibility of a heart catheter. 

Rich went with me today, and we were both very surprised, and happy when Dr. Win said everything looked good.  She said "you have a very strong heart"  there is a lot of calcium built up, you're cholesterol is excellent, and their is no blockage at all. And she encouraged me to watch my weight, eat healthy and try to get exercise...... which, of course, I know is the right thing to do. 

Given the good news, we decided to stop at Red Lobster on the way home, for dinner. And of course... you know how was always say " I'll start tomorrow!"  Well this dinner, I'm sure is not what the doctor would consider "healthy eating".  But we enjoyed the 4 Course Meal (special of the day). Rich had the Cajun Chicken Linguine Alfredo, while I had the Shrimp Linguine Alfredo..... Dinner also included soup (Rich -Potato/Bacon, Me- New England Clam Chowder), Ceasar Salad and their delicious Cheddar Biscuits.  The special also included dessert, which was a triple chocolate brownie with ice cream! Mmmmmm Good!


Left over Chili tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment