Friday, January 25, 2019

Orlando, Hibachi and Miss Ava!

Thursday was our trip to Kissimmee for my CT Coronary Angiogram with  


Contrast........ While that sounds a little scary, and yes I was a bit nervous, not knowing what to expect - it's actually completely non-invasive.  The prep time actually takes longer than the actual procedure.  After completing all the paper work, checking blood pressure and heartbeat etc.... they did give me a little medication to bring down my heart rate.  I'm very claustrophobic so I was a bit nervous knowing that my face would be inside the tube.. ( It was however a very large tube!!!  and I kept my eyes closed!  I was given an intravenous injection of radio-contrast ( now that's a very strange feeling) and then the scan of my heart was done with a high speed CT scanner.  The whole thing took about 8 minutes!!   Now it just waiting to see the results. 

And then we were on our way hone.... and I was hungry. No coffee since about 2:00 o'clock the day before ( No caffeine for 12 hours prior) and only had a couple pieces of  melon in the morning.  It was about 1:20 when we radio-contrast ( now that's a very strange feeling) and then the scan of my heart was done with a high speed CT scanner.  The whole  arrived at the hospital, and about 4:00 when we left..........and about 5:20 when we finally arrived at Hibachi!!!  


Nathan met us at Hibachi, after we'd finished eating.  We'd be taking Miss Ava home with us for a few days while they went to Ocala. And we enjoyed every minute of her visit. 

She lets us know when she wants to go out - sitting right in front of the door.  She's enjoyed the back yard......but her friends Zolfo and Augie have not been at home.  She's claimed her own chair on the back lanai...set up her bed, so she can be close to Rich while he's working..... and then her favorite spot - on the back of the couch looking out the window..... or sleeping!




No comments:

Post a Comment