Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The New Year - Settling In

The weather has finally changed. And while winter is nothing like being up north, I do look forward to saying goodbye to that hot sun and high humidity. The last few days have been absolutely beautiful; sunny but with highs in the high 60's and low 70's.  The nights have been down in the 40's.   Sound like a good time to get the soup or chili recipes out!  Maybe  next week.  Weekend forecast is for upper 70s.

In the meantime, mealtime is about the same.

We did have some shrimp scampi the other night, which was a nice change for pasta night.

And we seem to have made Rich's pizza a weekly regular.

With the weather being so nice, Rich has continued to spend some time during the day fishing from the dock.
Yesterday he had three or four minnows left so he went down mid afternoon for a couple of hours. Nothing big, but he did pull in a couple of pickerel.

We had the door open, so he' give me a holler when he caught something, and I'd run down with my camera!

I know I've shared before, pictures of our new found friends, the Egret. ( I have been incorrectly calling him a White Ibis)   This bird is almost like one of the family.  Not afraid of either of us.  And he's on the dock as soon as Rich stats to fish, until he quits and throws him a dead minnow.   I've never been down on the dock long enough to get some good close up shots.  These came out pretty good.


So now it's Tuesday evening and there is nothing on TV except the State of the Union Speech.  That's why I'm updating this blog.  There is no way I can look at that at, let alone listen to the stupidity that comes out of that president's mouth. I get ill just looking at him................Oh it's going to be a long year!


So today, knowing  I would not be watching any TV I spent the day cleaning the family room and the sun room,  helped Rich trim some dead branches off the tree out back, cooked chicken for a chicken and potato casserole for dinner and made Rich some brownies with peanut butter icing.

Nothing at all planned for the rest of the week.  Actually nothing specific planned yet for the rest of the month!!

The back is feeling better - if it continues, I just might go see about joining the fitness center!



No comments:

Post a Comment