Friday, September 4, 2009

Play at Churchill Street and El Santiago

Nothing too exciting today. Thought we'd share a couple of pictures of pickleball play. This morning Rich dropped me off at the Churchill Street Rec Center. The people here are some of the friendliest I've met on the courts. Great games and lots of laughing and having fun.
That's Mary on the front court, but her partner is new so can't remember his name. The lady on the right inthe green tank top is Carolyn - one of the ladies that I meet at Line Dancing at Laurel Manor. That's Steve on the right, waiting to play. We had just come off the court when I took this picture. He and I just played a great game and won 15-13.
The lady in the pink is my friend Diane, playing with Tom. She and I play together frequently in the ladies matches. She's a riot on the court! Always keeps you laughing.
Rich went over to Pimlico to play this morning, but not too many of the guys he usually plays with were there today. He came back over to Churchill and picked me up and we stopped at El Santiago on the way home for a few more games.
I don't know these people as well, as I don't play here as frequently as Rich does. That's Stan and Julie playing against Chris (in the pink skirt). Have seen the lady in Red there most every time I've been there, but don't remember the name. Hey, Linda - this is the Stan and Julie you'll be playing when you get here. The same Julie that was going to double with Rich. Chris (lady in pink skirt) is very nice. She is another one of the ladies that meets at Line Dancing at Laurel Manor.

And here's Rich playing his last game of the day. The tall lady on the right is visiting here from York, Pa. She was so excited to see Rich and show him how much her game had improved after he worked with her at the non-volly line the other day.

Just another day on the courts! Got to get up about 5:00 am tomorrow to make it to the Pickleball Labor Day Jamboree down in Sun City Center. Better call it a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment