Tuesday, September 1, 2009

No Pictures?

The camera has been idle for a while...............so no pictures to share this time around.

What's New? ..........Well an update on my thumb. Back to the doctor's office with the thumb still under cover. Paid my co-pay and waited for 40 minutes. Doctor came in:
Doctor: How's the thumb?
Donna: Looks worse than it did two weeks ago. (I took of the bandaid)
Doctor: Does it hurt?
Donna: NO
Doctor: Does it itch?
Donna: NO
Doctor: So. you just don't like the way it looks?
Donna: (Clenching her teeth!) You're kidding.......no, the skin in dry and splitting. If it's not covered I catch it on anything and cause it to tear and bleed.
Doctor: Well I don't know what to tell you. I'm giving you a referral to a dermatologist.
Donna: The one thing that helped to heal almost completely was the hydrocortazone. Do you think a stronger steroid might help it.
Doctor: NO ( He puts the bandaid back on my finger)
Donna: Do I need to continue to keep it covered since you have no idea what's wrong?
Doctor: Yes. Keep it coverd until you see the Dermatologist. Here's the referral. If you don't hear from their office in two weeks, get back in touch with this office.
Donna: Does this doctor participate in my medical plan.
Doctor: I don't know. You can ask them when they contact you.
So - here I am - still waiting for the dermotologist to call me. In the meantime, I have removed the bandaid and started putting vaseline on it again. Looks much better.......and I'm back on the courts playing again.

As for Rich: He did go to the podiatrist, who shaved about 5lbs (yes I'm exagerating!) of callus from the bottom of his feet. Told him that to cut the spur from the bottom of the ball of the foot would keep him off the courts for a while, and it would probably just grow back. He told Rich to continue what he's been doing (Until Rich told him that he uses a fillet knife to remove the callus!!) , to use the pumus stone and the foot balm. As for the foot splitting - yes, as long as he continues to put the stress on his feet from the courts, it will probably continue to split. Just keep it wrapped and don't let it get infected!

So after two weeks and about $75 - we've seen the doctors and are so relieved to know that whatever our problems are..........they will continue. Isn't that what we pay doctors for?

What Else is New?? Well , our Son, Dennis is coaching the Central Rd, YSF 5th and 6th grade footbal team. I found that on FaceBook...........so I'm sure after he sees this he will send me pictures very quickly! Right Dennis?

Tomorrow is dinner at Gator Joes with Greenie and Kathy and Mo and Jeannie

Linda Kramer will be here on the 15th to spend a few days. That should be a good time! Linda, do you have to bring Larry?)

We got a call from Texas last night about 10:10 PM, from a lady that is coming to Ft. Lauderdale in October for the Pickleball National Tournament and wants to be Rich's partner. This should be interesting. He's playing in the doubles with a guy from Opelika, Al, that he's never met or played with before, and now he's playinging in the Mixed Doubles with a lady from Texas!

You bet I'll have the camera!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes Donna I read these. I haven't taken any pictures of football yet.

    ReplyDelete