Sunday, May 11, 2014

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Mother's Day each year comes with mixed emotions.  For those of us who have lost our mother, like both Rich and I, even the day's leading to Mother's Day can be a bit painful at times.  There are commercials on TV and newspapers advertising the holiday..........and many times they are just a painful reminder of our loss.  

Most of the pictures that we have of Mama Benjamin, and Mama Strawn.......... are printed and in our photo albums.  But, the last time we visited New York State before Rich's mom passed I did get a picture of her, at the Nursing Home, with Rich and his brother Bob.  And thanks, brother Dave.... I've taken a few pictures of our Mom from your facebook page!  She is pictured with her NINE children.

Below the picture is a poem I found a while ago and think it's very fitting for today.  The author of this poem is unknown.


If Roses grow in Heaven, 
Lord please pick a bunch for me, 

Place them in my Mother's arms
and tell her they're from me. 

Tell her I love her and miss her,
and when she turns to smile, 
place a kiss upon her cheek
and hold her for awhile. 

Because remembering her is easy,
I do it every day,
but there's an ache within my heart
 that will never go away


But then we think of our own family and our son and daughter-in law, and the grand children, and amazingly Mother's Day becomes that festive holiday.    And so today we wish our very special daughter-in law, a very special Mom.................a very happy Mother's Day.  Like me, Crystal does not like to have her picture taken, but I did find one in the family archives!!!!  Love you Crystal. 

(picture from pinterest.com)

And yesterday I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Dennis and the family!  Dennis NEVER forgets me on Mother's Day.  He's so very special; I'm so blessed, and I love him so much.



Happy Mother's Day to our family and friends who are Mothers or Step-Mothers celebrating today!

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice! Thank You & Your Welcome! We do miss & Love You both! :) xo

    ReplyDelete