Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

Friday was our last day at Ocean Landings in Cocoa Beach.  With the upgrade to the ocean unit we had to leave on Saturday morning instead of Sunday.

Friday was kind of a lazy day.  It was soooooo hot that day, and no breeze at all.  As you looked out over the water there just seemed to be a thick haze all day long.  Grabbed a few pictures........ Even they looked to be more black and white than color.  Most of the week we enjoyed the beach weather - but Friday was so hot  and with no breeze even sitting on the balcony was not real enjoyable.

I actually started to pack things up on Friday afternoon and we actually gave some thought to heading back home that evening. We just walked across the street to Denny's for dinner again, relaxed and got a good night's sleep.   

I could not resist checking out the sunrise one last time before leaving.  So I was up before 6:00 a.m., and took my camera and cup of coffee outside.   It was a nice morning, still some heavy haze and you could tell it was going to be another real hot day. 

Rich was up early too, and by 7:57 a.m. we were packed, checked out and on the road home.  We stopped in Fort Pierce at the Waffle House for breakfast, filled the tank with gas and we were home shortly after 11:00.   Backed to our regular schedule again.........For me a quick trip to the grocery store so we had some food in the house at least for the next few days.

On Monday Nick and Tonyia came over.  On Sunday evening Rich and I took the chicken livers out of the fridge and wrapped them in nylon (from ladies stockings) as bait for Catfish.  Nick and Rich pulled out from the dock just after 6:00 a.m. to see if the Catfish were biting.  Tonyia and I poured another cup of coffee and played Mexican Train until the guys returned. And while taking a break and sitting on the lanai - this White Ibis stood just outside the screen and had a pretty long conversation with Tonyia!  The guys came back with  NO FISH!!!  Said they had a few bites but that was it.

I had taken some Crappie and Blue Gill out of the freezer and Tonyia took over the deep fryer for cooking. I tossed together some baked macaroni and cheese and some Italian bread and we enjoyed an early afternoon meal before they headed home.  

We'll start making plans now for our next trip to New York. 

No comments:

Post a Comment