Thursday, June 9, 2016

Heading North to Black Lake/Upstate, NY Day 1

I had hoped that by the time we had to leave to go north, that I would have a better idea of what is causing my lower back and abdominal pain.  However - that is not the case.  They wanted to schedule me for an MRI - however, when I leaned that Fl Hospital did not have an Open Scan - I cancelled the procedure.  I am just way to claustrophobic to have an MRI - and  my insurance will over cover me at the Florida Hospital..... So I'm sure that my trip north is not going to be the best.

Day 1 - We headed out early Wednesday and what should have been a seven hour drive, was much much longer, as I needed to have Rich stop about every two hours.  After the Tropical Storm Colin's visit to the are, we were not sure what to expect as we started out.  But it turned out to be a beautiful day, no rain at all.  We stopped several times, once for breakfast at McDonald's, a couple times for gas, and several more, as pottie breaks or just to stretch the muscles.

I did get some pictures along the way.........  A few of Orlando - downtown and the St. James River.  The a couple from the Jacksonville, Fl area, and  our welcome signs along the trip, both in GA and South Carolina.

Didn't see very much to take pictures of in SC , but there are soooooo many lakes in Georgia!!!! 


We finally arrived in Orangeburg, SC late evening and checked in to the Quality Inn and Suites.  Cracker Barrel is about 1/2 mile up the road so we headed there for dinner.   I'm not a big fan of Cracker Barrel, but I know it's one of Rich's favorite places to stop.  He had the roast beef, with double mashed and green beans.  And I was very impressed with their cheddar/broccoli baked chicken.  Had some coleslaw and green beans.  Their beans were not as good as I remember - but everything else was awesome!  Yes Tonyia - I actually made it through dinner with NO complaints!!!!  I think Rich was pleasantly surprised as well!!!


It was a long day and we were both exhausted. I guess our old age is starting to show.  Rich's back and neck were  sore, and my back and abdomen were on fire!!!  We watched Wayward Pines and called it a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment